Monday, January 13, 2014

The Beer Man Movie Review - "World War Z" (2013)

     This film is rated PG-13 and runs 116 minutes. For us non-math conversion people that's an hour and 56 minutes.  It's directed by Marc Foster and stars Brad Pitt, Mireille Enos and Daniella Kertesz. It also contains a lot of guns, explosions, airplanes, helicopters, and...plot spoiler...zombies. I reckon.
United Nations employee Gerry Lane(Pitt) travels the world in a race against time to stop the zombie pandemic that is baffling and crushing armies and governments across the globe and threatening to destroy humanity itself.

     This film captures you quickly with Brad Pitt in the starring role and it's a film you know is going to contain a lot of action and it delivers.  It starts out like a laid back smurf on crack, Papa smurf is a good example, then goes full speed. (Full disclosure, papa smurf nor any other smurfs were shown in this movie and there were also no crack references.)  Its a high intensity action film, but with that said, I was wanting more of a story, more explanations, more character alignment and placement.  At some point you ask yourself is this just to unrealistic? Well Beer Man this is a zombie movie and apparently some people are prepared.  If zombies are your thing, or you like seeing Brad Pitt acting in extremely intense situations, go WWZ. 


     BEER SIGHTING BEER SIGHTING!  I love seeing beer in movies. Wait I love seeing beer period.  There is a scene in the nonstop zombie action where Gerry Lane and his family get one night to feel semi-safe and a beer appears.  They find refuge with a family and they offer them a cerveza, the beer they offer is a Budweiser.  I'm not a huge Budweiser fan but if I'd been running from zombies all day I'd take any beer.  But readers you have to ask yourself what would be your end of the world beer?  This movie puts you in that mindset, I can't blame it, good action.

     This is the perfect movie for a lazy Saturday afternoon.  I don't recommend it for a date movie.  I don't recommend it for kids.  I think this movie is fine for ages 14 and up, again it's always at the parents discretion.  If you're a "Walking Dead" fan I think you would love it.  I've only seen the first season and I thought the acting was great but I'm just not a big fan of that type of film.  The beer I recommend for this film is Budweiser because I give them credit for having a possible end of the world film and taking the time to put a beer in there.  I give this film 2 1/2 beer cans.  If you like this type of film go check it out and as always drink beers, watch movies and be kind.

Justin "The Beer Man" Bryan




No comments:

Post a Comment