Wednesday, January 8, 2014

BEER VS MOVIES - INTRO TO THE BEER MAN

Hello, I'm The Beer Man, aka Justin Bryan. I LIKE BEER AND I ALSO LIKE MOVIES, probably in that order.  First, let me say thanks to Mickster for inviting me to a blog where I get to talk about something that I have a passion for and that would be movies.  I'm no genius, I've seen a lot of movies and I've forgotten a lot of movies.  I've drank a lot of beers and forgotten how many times I've fallen down.  I still check the movie listings every week. I search sites like Rotten Tomatoes to see what is hot. I listen to podcasts like Movie BS with Bayer and Snider. Because when you have that one experience of viewing something you could never imagine in your adolescent mind you go wow. (I know that last sentence didn't make any sense. I'm just a yokel from Alabama. Work with me here)  Whether it be Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia, or "Rosebud", or "What we have here is failure to communicate", or "yippee ki yay mother trucker" ,or "obviously you're not a golfer".  We live in a world where we do our best to figure out the big picture and impress our boss or spouse or in-laws. But for an hour and a half, or nowadays 3 hours, with movies we have an escape to enter the world of pure void or mental dismissal of worrying about am I going to be late for work (Yeah, I know that didn't make sense either).  Does beer not accomplish the same immediate result? Yes, but apparently it can make you fat and fall down and climb on top of your roof and holler my legs are numb.  So I ask you to get thru this mumble jumble and listen to Mickster and Great Scott.  They will provide you with great information about movies.  We all three love movies, but they will give you educated information about the movies. I will tell you stuff like the beer in The Deer Hunter was Rolling Rock and that movie scared me to death but it's still great.  

So my goal is, being bad at grammar and from a small town in south Alabama, to provide different aspects to beer and movies.  My goal is to provide readers with a movie scale based on a beer can recommendation  with 1 can being the worst and 5 cans being the best. On a personal note, I'm married to a wonderful wife and have 2 daughters, so I want to write reviews that appeal to all ages, genders, beliefs, etc.  I want to be able to tell people what kind of movie they are walking into.  My purpose is to give readers an insight. I just love the fact that I can communicate with fellow movie/beer watchers/drinkers.  Stay tuned, I'll tell you how many beers to drink before you watch a certain movie or how many flowers to buy before you trick your girlfriend into watching Die Hard 12, or her tricking you to watch Madea's Bahama Christmas Halloween special.  I try not to hate on movies because I have my guilty pleasures, we all do.  Don't read too much into this but I liked the movies Ice Pirates and Runaway with Tom Selleck and Gene Simmons.  So go watch movies, share your opinion, and be kind.

Justin "The Beer Man" Bryan

(This post was edited (heavily) by Mickster)







No comments:

Post a Comment