Sunday, April 27, 2014

"The Great Budapest Hotel" ****

     The adventures of Gustave H, a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel between the wars, and Zero Moustafa, the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend.  This movie was directed by Wes Anderson and stars Ralph Fiennes, F. Murray Abraham, Mathiu Amalric and a ton of other great actors and they all deliver.

     This is a film that makes me feel, makes me think and makes me not want to review it.  Wes Anderson is a genius and before I started to review this film I was going to say that only people that are fans of Wes Anderson should watch this film but I have realized that's bullshit.  This film provides a story within a story within a story.  The imagery, the scenery, the acting, the landscapes are fucking amazing.  There is a point in this film where you yield to the story to realize there may be a great life lesson here but then you realize it's to crazy to be real but then you realize it is what you make it.  I think that's what wes Anderson is so successful at presenting a story that is too the point but providing the imagery to enjoy the humor with the displacent landmarks and figures.   

     I totally recommend this film to anyone over the age 17, the acting is amazing and the story will entrance you.  The beers I recommend for this film are the ones I had before I viewed this great film.  I recommend Dogfish Head 90 minute 90 minute IPA and Cigar City Jai Alai IPA.  The Beer Man gives this film a 4 beer cans I highly recommend it but I understand if you don't like this type of film you would be turned off but give it a chance.  I think this film does such a great job of grasping the feelings and emotians we deal with every day and asks the questions of economic, geographical, and educational worth.  This movie is beer man approved.

    

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment